Holly Springs at a Glance
The opening of the I-540 toll road has shortened the commute time to RTP and other areas so that Holly Springs has become a destination address of its own.
Holly Springs Homes for Sale
1:00PM - 4:00PM
Want to know the second a Holly Springs home hits the market? Sign up for email alerts!
Find Homes in Your Price Range
Ready to Sell Your Holly Springs Home?
The first step to a sold home is learning your home's value. Tell us about your Holly Springs property and we'll tell you how much it's worth.
Get to Know Holly Springs, NC
It wasn’t until the Warp Technologies plant was built that Holly Springs had a notable tax base increase. Then, in the 1990s, Sunset Ridge began its development and the town of Holly Springs hasn’t looked back. It became a great overflow place for employees working in RTP (Research Triangle Park), Raleigh and the surrounding areas. Other neighborhoods and many thriving businesses have offered places for people to call home and work close to home.
A Great Place to Live, Work and Play
Carrying on the history of great schools that began in the early 1800s, Holly Springs schools are award winning in the Wake County school system in today’s time. Holly Springs has won many accolades for "safest city," "most affordable," "best cities for young families" and more.
Additionally, new shopping, eateries and development have made it so that Holly Springs residents can live, eat, sleep, shop, play and watch a movie all in their backyard.
The Evans Team's Top Picks
Holly Springs' Unique History
Fresh spring waters fed Tuscarora Indians long before European settlers thought about moving to the area. The original area of the “springs” of Holly Springs was noted to be at the area of Avent Ferry and Cass Holt Roads. Travelers would stop for fresh water. Railroads that were built would refill to run their steam engines. During the early 1800s, Archibald Leslie arrived in Holly Springs and began developing business as a tailor first and then others. His claim to fame was building a 38-room mansion (now known as the Leslie Alford Mims House).
Parks and Recreation
If you like parks and fun things to do, you will love Holly Springs. There are baseball fields, soccer fields, tennis courts, miles and miles of greenway space, a park with fishing available, a cultural center that has an indoor theatre as well as an outdoor stage, the tremendous Sugg Farm for great outdoors events like Spring Fling and Hollyfest, parks for playgrounds and disc golf. Add to this a second golf course community of 12 Oaks and you could literally do a new outdoor activity for nearly a month before repeating.
Other Local Hot Spots
Here are highlights for some of our top picks for Holly Springs things to do and see:
- Bass Lake Park for fishing or just sitting and enjoying
- Daniel Dhers Action Sports Complex for those who bike, skateboard and more
- Ting Stadium for a Salamanders Game – great baseball venue
- Womble Park for a friendly tennis match
- Hunt Recreation Center – get your game on or sweat on in the gym
- Jones Park for playground and disc golf
- Visit a Saturday morning farmers market
- Take in the Happy Holly Days Christmas Parade downtown
- Golf at 12 Oaks or Devil’s Ridge (at Sunset Ridge)
- Get a cold pint at Carolina Brewing Company or Bombshell Beer Company
- Happy Holly’s or Mama Bird’s for ice cream!
- Get your early morning rise on with Rise Donuts
- Mason Jar Tavern is always a fun place for food and drink
- Sip Bistro for coffee or wine
- Niche Wine Lounge for fun, music and wine (especially for Halloween)
- Acme Pizza Co. for a great Chicago style deep dish
Compare Holly Springs Stats
Travel & Commute
Raleigh: 19 miles (30 min.)
RTP: 24 miles (25 min.)
RDU Airport: 23 miles (25 min.)
Major Highways: NC-540/I-540, US-1, NC-55
Let's Talk About Your Plans
We know Holly Springs like the backs of our hands, from the best places to eat to the up-and-coming neighborhoods. Whether you're buying a home or selling a home in Holly Springs, call us at (919) 589-7110 — we would love to get to know you!
"Kathy asked us at the beginning of our working relationship what we wanted and she delivered - and then some." — Happy Client
This data was last updated on: 08/20/19 01:53 PM. A full data refresh was last performed on: 08/19/19 11:36 AM.